Welcome to Svaroopa® Vidya Ashram Online
Svaroopavidya means the knowing (vidya) of your own inherent divinity (svaroopa). This knowing is an experiential knowing which dawns within, as a result of Swami Nirmalananda's transmission, teachings and the practices she shares.
Swamiji says, "This is about you. This is about how you feel, and about who you feel yourself to be. When you know your own Self, you experience an inner depth and joy. You live in freedom and fearlessness which overflows into a beautiful generosity and love for all."
Swamiji opens and closes every program with this Sanksrit phrase, OM svaroopa svasvabhavah namo namah. It means, "I bow to your inherent divinity, that Beingness that is being you. Again and again, I bow."
Housing & Meals FAQ - for Master Yoga and Ashram trainings and retreats
For Fri, Mar 7th, 2014:
- New 'Contemplation Article' released: "Your Body is a Temple"
- New blog entry: "Enroll Now for the April Svaroopa® Yoga & Meditation Retreat" by Ute Reeves
For Wed, Mar 5th, 2014:
- New Blog entries: [Click here to review the entire blog]
Other recent blog items:
- "Shrivaratri and the Mysterious "Siva Linga" (by Priya Kenny)
- Shivaratri: The Holy Night of "Siva
- Most Influential
- Landing In Your Mailbox Soon
For Thu, Feb 27th, 2014:
- New Satsang talk: "In Living Color"
For Tue, Feb 18th, 2014:
- Yoga Alliance article by Swami Nirmalananda published: "Yoga, Sweat and Mysticism" (scroll down the page there and click on her picture)
- New BLOG article: "Can Continuing Ed Be Bliss?" (by Marlene Gast)
- Two new Satsang talks: "Relaxation is the First Step" and "Make the More Available" (by Swami Nirmalananda)
For Tue, Feb 11th, 2014:
- Two new Satsang talks: "Sticky Thoughts" and "Each Affects the Other"
For Thu, Jan 9th, 2014:
- SVA Audited Financial Statements are now available
Thank you to all who have been offering your loving donations, which have made our Ashram programs possible.
We offer several levels of membership; our free Ashramite membership, our Shishya Membership and donation-based memberships.
Downingtown Yoga Meditation Center - free satsangs, yoga classes & workshops
Courses & Retreats
Consolidated Blog: Svaroopa Vidya Ashram and Master Yoga Foundation
B&B program to Downingtown
Online Audio Recordings of Swamiji’s talks and sutra commentaries
Contemplation Articles - 20 years of monthly teachings by Swami Nirmalananda
Ashram Store - books, music, statues & more
Meditation Teacher Resources - resources for Svaroopa®-trained teachers