Welcome to Svaroopa® Vidya Ashram Online
Share Your Yogic Heart
Our annual Thanksgiving campaign is titled "A Yogic Heart" because it is the gift from your heart that matters the most. When you let yoga melt your heart, your yoga reaches into every corner of your life and every corner of the world. Your studies and practices make all that possible, just as your donations make it possible to continue offering the studies and immersion programs where you can deepen your practice.
New Monthly Donors receive our Namaste poster as a thank you. Click here to offer your donation in any amount, as a one-time gift or a monthly pledge.
To read more and view our Anjali Mudra Slideshow, click here.
Svaroopavidya means the knowing (vidya) of your own inherent divinity (svaroopa). This knowing is an experiential knowing which dawns within, as a result of Swami Nirmalananda's transmission, teachings and the practices she shares.
Swamiji says, "This is about you. This is about how you feel, and about who you feel yourself to be. When you know your own Self, you experience an inner depth and joy. You live in freedom and fearlessness which overflows into a beautiful generosity and love for all."
Swamiji opens and closes every program with this Sanksrit phrase, OM svaroopa svasvabhavah namo namah. It means, "I bow to your inherent divinity, that Beingness that is being you. Again and again, I bow."
Thank you to all who have been offering your loving donations, which have made our Ashram programs possible.
|Join Our Email List|
We offer several levels of membership; our free Ashramite membership, our Shishya Membership and donation-based memberships.
Downingtown Yoga Meditation Center - free satsangs, yoga classes & workshops
Courses & Retreats with Swamiji
Consolidated Blog: Svaroopa Vidya Ashram and Master Yoga Foundation
B&B program to Downingtown
Online Audio Recordings of Swamiji’s talks and sutra commentaries
Contemplation Articles - 20 years of monthly teachings by Swami Nirmalananda
Ashram Store - books, music, statues & more
Meditation Teacher Resources - resources for Svaroopa®-trained teachers
-- 2014 --
Teaching Sutras Retreat
February 19 - March 2, 2014
Meditation Teacher Training
Starts March 15
Guru & Self
Master Yoga Foundation and Svaroopa®; Vidya Ashram Retreat
For Sat, Dec 7th:
- Satsang talk audio "The Mantra's Power" now available
- Shishya call audio from Nov 24th available (password required)
For Mon, Nov 25th:
Three new blog entries:
- Seeing, Caring and Sharing (by Rudrani Nogue)
- Downingtown Yoga & Meditation Center
- Two Thank-you's (by Peter Gallagher)
For Fri, Nov 22nd:
- Five Contemplation Articles posted
For Tue, Nov 19th:
- New audio: The Divine Name (by Swami Nirmalananda)
- New Blog Entry: What is a Yogic Heart? (by Amala (Lynn) Cataffi, SVA Board President)
For Tue, Nov 13th:
- New audio: Diwali Satsang (by Swami Nirmalananda)
For Thu, Nov 7th:
- New audio: Taking Care of Yourself (by Swami Nirmalananda)
- New blog entry: If I Could LIve Next Door (by Swami Nirmalananda)
For Wed, Nov 6th:
- Consolidated Blogs; The Master Yoga Foundation and the Svaroopa Vidya Ashram blogs have been merged.
- New blog entry: Comings & Goings
For Monday Nov 4:
- Diwali Blog - A Yogic Heart
- Bondage & Freedom Audio (password needed)
- I Am Shiva Audio (password needed)
- Shishya Call Audio - Consolidation Discussion (password needed)
For Saturday Nov 2:
- Audio: The Life of a Great Saint (Swami Nirmalananda speaks of her Guru)
Previous Significant Announcements: